Recipe by DailyInspiration
A nice twist on an everyday favorite.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Loved this different pizza!! Made one or two small changes, going with what I had : I used chicken rather than turkey and added some shrimps coz I like them. I didn't have fresh coriander (although I did use bottled coriander in the sauce), so where I needed fresh coriander, I used fresh Thai Basil instead, which grows in the garden. I sliced a fresh tomato and layered it on the base, mostly because I had it. I didn't have mozzarella, so used some cheddar instead. Sounds like a lot of changes, but was minimal, and the important part, the sauce, was as recipe --- very yum, I loved it, we both did!!! It looked prettier until I added the soy sauce : another time I might omit the soy sauce in order to get a prettier result, the sauce was very dark -- delicious, mind you! Really liked this, Nancy, thank you for sharing! Made for Consideration Tag
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, with pulp (zest before juicing, see below)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- oil, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce, onion, cilantro, peanut butter, oil, brown sugar, ginger, lime zest, red pepper flakes and garlic in a stockpot. Stir in shredded turkey. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll pizza dough and pat into a rectangle, approximately 10 x 13 inches. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Reduce grill heat to low. Brush grill rack with olive oil. Using the indirect grilling method, slide pizza crusts on grill and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes, until dough is puffy and lightly browned.
- Turn pizza crusts over. Top browned side of piza crusts with heated turkey mixture. Sprinkle with green onions, carrot sticks and cilantro. Sprinkle with cheese, if using.
- Cover with grill lid or tent with foil. Heat pizzas about 5 minutes or until crusts are cooked on bottom, cheese melts and pizzas are hot.