1/1 Photo of Thai Grilled Chicken With Honey-Chili Glaze
I got this recipe from a cooking school. The chicken turns out AMAZING. It's spicy but if you want to cut down on the heat, only use half the jalapeno seeds (or none). My friends beg me to make this for them. Enjoy!!! Prep time does not include marinating overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices fresh ginger, quarter-size, 1/4 inch thick, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pieces lemongrass (2-inch pieces )
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (I use boneless,skinless)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, green parts included, chopped
- 1Combine the ginger, coconut milk, salt and pepper in a large zip-lock bag. Add lemon grass. Place the chicken thighs in the mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- 2Make the Honey-Chili Glaze: In a food processor, chop together the jalapeno and brown sugar. Scrape into a small saucepan. Add the venegar, salt, and honey and bring to a boil. Simmer over very low heat for about 2 minutes. Stir in the peanuts.
- 3Prepare a charcoal grill to medium heat or preheat the broiler.
- 4Drain the chicken and cook about 8-10 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the thighs and the heat. Grill until chicken is cooked through (careful not to over cook.).
- 5After chicken is done cooking, place on a platter and pout the Honey-Chili Glaze over the hot chicken. Coat all pieces well, then sprinkle with coconut, cilatro and the scallions. This can be served hot or cold! Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Grilled Chicken With Honey-Chili Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.7
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 1514.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 134.9 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: