Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
At a recent family event, I discovered this wonderful chicken marinade. This recipe comes from the Best of Bridge series. This recipe will feed anywhere from 6 people to 12, depending on the appetite. Weight watcher friendly at 5 points
- 2 lbs chicken, boneless and skinless
- 1⁄3 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mint, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ginger, peeled and coarsly chopped
- 2 -3 garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, coarsly chopped
- Marinade: process marinade ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Place chicken in a large plastic zip lock bag and add marinade.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
This is a very easy and flavorful marinade. I left out the oil and used a chili instead of a jalapeno. After marinating for about 4 or 5 hours I grilled in my oven. It's a wonderful combination of flavors.