Recipe by Nelly
This makes a delicious supper with rice or new potatoes, green salad, whatever. If you're a Thai-food fan, this is for you. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 chicken thighs
For the marinade
- 1 ounce creamed coconut
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, opeeled and finely chopped (walnut-suzed)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemongrass
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the marinade: Slice the creamed coconut, dissolve in the boiling water, set aside and allow to become cold.
- Stir in the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Wash the chicken thighs and remove the skin.
- Trim off any excess fat.
- Turn the chicken in the marinade, then cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the grill to its highest temperature.
- Place the chicken on the grill rack, spoon over some of the marinade and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- The chicken is cooked when pierced and the juices run clear.