This makes a delicious supper with rice or new potatoes, green salad, whatever. If you're a Thai-food fan, this is for you. Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the marinade
- 1 ounce creamed coconut
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, opeeled and finely chopped (walnut-suzed)
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 1Make the marinade: Slice the creamed coconut, dissolve in the boiling water, set aside and allow to become cold.
- 2Stir in the remaining marinade ingredients.
- 3Wash the chicken thighs and remove the skin.
- 4Trim off any excess fat.
- 5Turn the chicken in the marinade, then cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- 6Heat the grill to its highest temperature.
- 7Place the chicken on the grill rack, spoon over some of the marinade and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 8The chicken is cooked when pierced and the juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs for 2
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.8
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 79.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: