This is my first recipe - please be kind! My kids love it and when I take it to a BBQ everyone wants the recipe. It is a variation on one I found in epicurious a while ago. It is very easy and very yummy!!
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced chili
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken and leave to marinate at least one hour, preferably longer.
- Grill chicken on the BBQ, hotplate or in the griller until golden brown and cooked through.
- Ususlly you would expect 12 thigh fillets to feed 4 to 6 people- in my family the kids eat 4 each so this recipe serves 3.