This is my first recipe - please be kind! My kids love it and when I take it to a BBQ everyone wants the recipe. It is a variation on one I found in epicurious a while ago. It is very easy and very yummy!!
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced chili
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken and leave to marinate at least one hour, preferably longer.
- Grill chicken on the BBQ, hotplate or in the griller until golden brown and cooked through.
- Ususlly you would expect 12 thigh fillets to feed 4 to 6 people- in my family the kids eat 4 each so this recipe serves 3.
I just made these for dinner. Suggestions: Marinate overnight(great flavors, need more time) Place on preheated grill(high) skin side down 5 min. Turn heat immediately to low. Cook on low (skin side up) additional 35 min. Keep in warm oven while you finish additional sides. Fantastic !!!
p.s. I used Bone in, Skin on thighs.
Thank you for the post!
Wow oh wow oh wow!!!! May be one of my top grilled chicken recipes of my life! Grilled this on the grill, increased the garlic and used crushed red pepper flakes in place of the chili. AMAZING!!! 5 and 7 year old loved and I am not sure I've had a better chicken recipe on the grill EVER!!! Loved it!
Great recipe! The whole family, including my picky 2 and 3 year old kids loved the chicken. I marinated the chicken for about 2 hours and cooked them on my George Foreman grill for 5 minutes and they came out perfect. Very moist! Thanks for a great recipe barb63.