Recipe by MeliBug
I think this is great grilled chicken! i found that if you squeeze some fresh lime juice and garnish with cilantro, it gives it a great finish!
Top Review by Kim127
I changed this up a bit by using chicken drumsticks instead of breast. I marinated them for about 30 mintues and I think a longer marinating time would improve the taste even more. Maybe overnight as Boomette did. Loved the slight honey flavor from the glaze! Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (the bottled kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill. Preheat on medium heat.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, and pepper flakes in measuring cup.
- Place chicken in shallow baking dish. Pour soy sauce mix over chicken, coating both sides. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine honey and lime juice in small bowl until well blended and set aside.
- Place chicken on grill. Brush with marinade and grill, covered, for 5 minutes. Brush both sides again with honey mixture. Grill for 5 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!