Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I think this is great grilled chicken! i found that if you squeeze some fresh lime juice and garnish with cilantro, it gives it a great finish!
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (the bottled kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Prepare grill. Preheat on medium heat.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, and pepper flakes in measuring cup.
- Place chicken in shallow baking dish. Pour soy sauce mix over chicken, coating both sides. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine honey and lime juice in small bowl until well blended and set aside.
- Place chicken on grill. Brush with marinade and grill, covered, for 5 minutes. Brush both sides again with honey mixture. Grill for 5 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
I changed this up a bit by using chicken drumsticks instead of breast. I marinated them for about 30 mintues and I think a longer marinating time would improve the taste even more. Maybe overnight as Boomette did. Loved the slight honey flavor from the glaze! Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
This chicken was fabulous! Wonderful flavors! I actually let mine marinate for about 2 hours. I loved the slightly hot and slightly sweet taste of the marinade. I will definitely make this again. This would be a great summer chicken dish for a crowd! I severed it with Grilled Thai Marinated Summer Squash and Chinese Style Kale. Made for Zaar World Tour 4! Whine and Cheese Gang!
Tangy and spicy with a hint of sweetness. This couldn't be much easier to make! I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and marinated them for 3 hours. Yummy! Will make these again! Thanx!