1/1 Photo of Thai Grilled Chicken
J. Ko's Note:
This is a delicious way to serve grilled chicken! It's perfect for those hot summer evenings when you want something light and easy. The chili sauce in the marinade is not too hot and even my children, who do not like spicy foods, love this chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro, with stems
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese chili sauce (sambal oelek)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 head lettuce (any green lettuce with large flexible leaves eg ( green leaf lettuce)
- fresh cilantro
- mint sprig
- 3 green onions, slivered
- 1In a blender, combine cilantro, chili sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic and sugar. Spread on chicken and marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. (In the refrigerator, of course!).
- 2Pre-heat broiler or barbeque. Broil or grill chicken, skin side down, for 4 minutes. Turn and broil/grill 4 minutes longer until skin is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
- 3Cut chicken on the bias into 1/2 inch strips.
- 4Place lettuce leaves on a platter and arrange chicken on top. Garnish with cilantro, mint sprigs and green onions.
- 5To eat in the traditional Thai manner, roll chicken in lettuce leaves along with herbs and onions. Dip into Thai Dipping Sauce (Thai Dipping Sauce).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 997.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese chili sauce