Recipe by Buster's friend
Summertime brings both the ocean & the green tailed river shrimp here. I Love curried shrimp in all its variations. Received this recipe in an email from gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world, thank you Myrtle Killian! Serve with fluffy steamed rice or fresh naan bread with fresh chopped peppers (bird, fish, thai) & plenty of Thai basil.
- 15 green chili peppers
- 3 pieces galangal, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coriander root, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 red onion (small)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 kg shrimp, cleaned and shelled
- 3⁄4 cup sweet peas
- 3 green chili peppers
- 10 basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound all ingredients of curry paste until smooth.
- Heat half a cup of coconut milk until the oil comes out.
- Stir-fry the curry paste for a while.
- Add fish sauce and sugar.
- Add shrimp and fry.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and let it boil.
- Add sweet peas and green chili peppers and boil for a few minutes.
- Add basil and remove from heat.