Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted a simple salad to go with a Thai baked fish recipe I loved. I wanted it to be simple yet tasty. I found several out there...but pared it down to what I had on hand. We thought it was a keeper recipe! This is a simple recipe that you can custom fit to your taste or mood...or whatever you have on hand. Pepper: use red bell pepper for color but not heat OR use chili pepper for the heat Meat option: add 1/2 lb of cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp Veggie additions: thin strips of carrots, zucchini, green onions (sliced fine), etc. (can substitute the shallot for sweet onion)
- 2 cups peeled and shredded green mangoes
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 2 fresh red peppers
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade (optional)
- 2 tablespoons toasted peanuts, crushed (optional)
- 1 sprig chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- Peeled Mango and shredded into thinly long slice.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients then pile the salad onto a serving platter garnish with lettuce leaves.