Make and share this Thai Green Curry With Duck recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces boneless duck breasts, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb eggplant, diced
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh basil
- Cut duck breast crosswise into ¼-inch thick strips.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over high heat until shimmering but not smoking.
- Cook duck, in a single layer, stirring once, until beginning to brown, about 1-3 minutes; transfer duck to a plate.
- To the drippings in the pan, add the eggplant, bell peppers, coconut milk, broth, brown sugar, curry paste, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Decrease heat to a simmer; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Return duck to pan; stir to coat with the sauce; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in fresh basil and serve immediately over or with brown basmati rice.
This was a lovely meal that had my partner licking the plate! I think I used too much eggplant, so we did tweak the sauce qty a little bit to make it saucy enough, but no major changes. My first time cooking duck and it seems to have gone well. I got about 6 servings out of this dish, including the rice. Thanks for a great dinner.