Source: Gourmet November 2005. For the green curry paste, try http://importfood.com/cpmp1405.html.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped shallot
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass (remove outer layer, thinly slice lower 6 inches of each stalk)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro stem
- 1 -2 tablespoon thai green curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) package wide rice noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp
- 1Puree shallots, lemongrass, garlic, ginger and cilantro stems in blender with curry paste, sugar, salt, turmeric powder, and water until as smooth as possible (about 1 minute).
- 2Heat oil in a wide heavy pot over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then add cook curry paste mixture, stirring frequently, until it just begins to stick to bottom of pot (8 to 10 minutes).
- 3Add coconut milk and broth and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 3 2/3 cups (8 to 10 minutes).
- 4While sauce simmers, cook noodles in a pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender (4 to 6 minutes).
- 5Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain noodles well and divide among 4 large bowls.
- 6Add shrimp to sauce and simmer, stirring, until just cooked through. Remove from heat and ladle over noodles. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Green Curry Shrimp With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.8
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 1256.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste