Recipe by Sage
This is one of Emeril's recipe from the Food Channel that I adapted with my ingredients.A great way to initiate to Thai cooking.
Top Review by Baby Kato
We really enjoyed this tasty curry dish. I used collosal shrimp which I cut up into bite size pieces so it would cook evenly. We enjoyed the curry but found the fish sauce to be overpowering. Next time I will add less fish sauce and use the broth option. Made as directed but I added more green curry paste and brown sugar and lime to the dish, personal preference only. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made for Whats on the Menu? Tag Game 2014.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml diced eggplants
- 118.29 ml chopped white onion
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml thai green curry paste
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 396.89 g can unsweetened coconut milk
- 118.29 ml fish stock or 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 680.38 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 118.29 ml chopped basil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and the peppers and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes.
- Add the curry paste, lemon juice and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and fish stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Add basil.
- Stir cornstarch that you mixed with the water if it needs more thickening. Remove from heat.
- Serve on angel hair pasta.
- Be careful with the curry paste and add to your taste.