1/3 Photos of Thai Green Curry Shrimp
This is one of Emeril's recipe from the Food Channel that I adapted with my ingredients.A great way to initiate to Thai cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced eggplants
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fish stock or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1In a wok or large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onions and garlic, and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add the eggplant and the peppers and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the curry paste, lemon juice and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- 5Add the coconut milk and fish stock and bring to a boil.
- 6Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 3 minutes.
- 7Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Add basil.
- 8Stir cornstarch that you mixed with the water if it needs more thickening. Remove from heat.
- 9Serve on angel hair pasta.
- 10Be careful with the curry paste and add to your taste.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Green Curry Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.4
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 143.4 mg
- Sodium 782.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste