This is one of Emeril's recipe from the Food Channel that I adapted with my ingredients.A great way to initiate to Thai cooking.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced eggplants
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a wok or large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and the peppers and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes.
- Add the curry paste, lemon juice and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and fish stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Add basil.
- Stir cornstarch that you mixed with the water if it needs more thickening. Remove from heat.
- Serve on angel hair pasta.
- Be careful with the curry paste and add to your taste.