Recipe by mell_2
From Food Network Canada - Caroline McCann Bizjak: Curry
Top Review by Elinoir
I have made Thai green curry many many times before following different recipes and I can safely say that this one does not yield a good result! It calls for way too much fish sauce and possibly too much curry paste too. I would advice you to try another recipe!
- 680.38 g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 (765.43 g) can unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- 118.32 ml green curry paste
- 9.85 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 59.16 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 118.29 ml of thinly sliced mushroom
- 118.29 ml of torn fresh basil
- jasmine rice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove 1 cup of the cream that has risen to the top of the chilled coconut milk and add to a large skillet or wok. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-8 minutes until the oil begins to separate from the white solids. Add curry paste and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes. Add some thin coconut milk a little at a time if the mixture begins to stick.
- Meanwhile, combine the thin coconut milk remaining in the can the cream was removed from with ½ cup of well stirred milk from the second can. Reserve the remaining milk from the second can for a later use. Add ½ cup of water.
- Add salmon pieces to the skillet with the curry paste and coconut cream. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining thin coconut milk and let simmer, turning occasionally until the salmon is cooked through.
- Stir in fish sauce, brown sugar, limejuice, and red pepper slices, mushrooms, fresh basil and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice.