1 hr 10 mins
Pam #5's Note:
This has wonderful Thai creamy flavour. Don't let the long list of ingredients deter you. It's very easy to make and the veggies can be substituted for whatever you have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 red onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin
- 10 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1 cup kale or 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 (450 ml) cans coconut milk
- 900 ml chicken broth or 900 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish oil
- 1Melt butter in large stock pot.
- 2Add garlic, ginger, onions, celery and cook until tender.
- 3Add the rest of the vegetables and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- 4Add the broth, milk and curry paste.
- 5Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Add fish oil and cilantro to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai (Green Curry Coconut) Soup
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 401.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste