Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This has wonderful Thai creamy flavour. Don't let the long list of ingredients deter you. It's very easy to make and the veggies can be substituted for whatever you have on hand.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 red onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin
- 10 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1 cup kale or 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 (450 ml) cans coconut milk
- 900 ml chicken broth or 900 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish oil
- Melt butter in large stock pot.
- Add garlic, ginger, onions, celery and cook until tender.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Add the broth, milk and curry paste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add fish oil and cilantro to taste.
This soup is delicious!! I used extra curry paste to make it more spicy. I always thought that this soup would be hard to make but it was quite simple and very, very tasty!! I was missing quite a few of the ingredients and it still worked out.
I opted for the vegetarian version of this recipe and even the meat eaters in my family loved it. The blend of flavors was fantastic. The only thing I left out was the green beans because of one very picky member of my family. Severed it with some Naan, perfection! Will definitely be making this again soon!!