Recipe by kelly in TO
Protein-rich, you can adapt this recipe whether you eat meat or not simply add tofu chunks or prawns. I serve this with brown basmati. Low GL.
Top Review by LoriLou
This recipe is simple and easy to follow and makes a really good meal! I used chicken, but can't wait to try it with tofu and prawns. I did have to sub lime zest for the lime leaves as they are not available here. I also added about am additional 1/4 cup of coconut milk as it was not quite saucy enough for me. The very first time I ever bought and prepared an eggplant was for a Thai green curry, in an Emeril Legasse recipe. It was quite good and it started my love affair with eggplants. However, your recipe was so much easier, less fussy, and every bit as tasty! Thanks for a good recipe. I will be using it again, probably very soon as I have already gotten tofu!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons thai green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small chicken breast, cubed
- firm tofu, cubed
- peeled prawns
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3⁄4 pint light coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam-fry onions, garlic and curry paste in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, tofu or prawns – whichever you choose – and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves. Stir well, cover and leave to simmer for at least half an hour.
- 5–10 minutes before serving, add courgettes and basil leaves and continue simmering.