Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fantastic tasting easy Green Curry.
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 5 Japanese eggplants
- 3 (1148.15 g) can coconut milk
- 56.69 g can green curry paste (Maesri Brand)
- 100 g basil leaves
- 3 red chili peppers, sliced
- 14.79 ml fresh lime leaves, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- mixed vegetables, eg broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, capiscum
- Place 1/2 tin of coconut milk into saucepan and add green curry paste. Stir well until the paste is cooked.
- Add chicken and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add vegies, then add fish sauce, sugar and lime leaves. Bring to the boil until cooked.
- Test for flavour then add basil and chilli.
Your instructions could use a bit of fine-tuning, but the flavour of this green curry is outstanding. I made this as written -- using Maesri green curry paste, grated palm sugar and kaffir lime leaves. An Aussie bunch of basil weighs about 100 grams, so after I picked off the leaves, the final weight was about 60 grams. Boil until cooked is a bit vague, and an estimated length of time would help a novice cook. This was served to several friends who are extremely harsh critics. They loved it and thought the heat was perfect. Made and enjoyed for the Thai Green Curry Tag Game.