Recipe by Susie D
Interesting veggie salads are always at the top of my list. I enjoy the tart, spicy, sweet contrast of Thai flavors & this salad caught my eye. (by Loves Food Loves to Eat)
Top Review by bindifry
absolutely fabulous! the only substitution was spicy pumpkin seeds instead of peanuts. there was a serious about of dressing so i drained it & used it for another salad. i have purple basil, mint, & yellow cherry tomatoes in my garden which upped the ante on this. definitely a keeper. thank you.
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 large clove, garlic- pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- zest and juice of one large lime
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 dash sriracha sauce (spice to your liking)
For the Salad
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb string, beans- ends removed and cut in half
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 -2 springs chopped of fresh mint (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted chopped peanuts
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, fish sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and zest, brown sugar, and sriracha.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanche beans for about 2 minutes, still crunchy and bright green. Shock in cold water.
- Combine red pepper, tomato, cilantro, basil, mint, and green beans. Toss with dressing and add black pepper to your liking. Let sit for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Before serving, toss in peanuts, and garnish with green onion.