Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Interesting veggie salads are always at the top of my list. I enjoy the tart, spicy, sweet contrast of Thai flavors & this salad caught my eye. (by Loves Food Loves to Eat)
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 large clove, garlic- pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- zest and juice of one large lime
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 dash sriracha sauce (spice to your liking)
For the Salad
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb string, beans- ends removed and cut in half
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 -2 springs chopped of fresh mint (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted chopped peanuts
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
- black pepper
- For dressing, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, fish sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and zest, brown sugar, and sriracha.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanche beans for about 2 minutes, still crunchy and bright green. Shock in cold water.
- Combine red pepper, tomato, cilantro, basil, mint, and green beans. Toss with dressing and add black pepper to your liking. Let sit for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Before serving, toss in peanuts, and garnish with green onion.
Wonderful fresh flavors right in the middle of winter! And beautiful colors for Christmas. It really is key to let the veggies sit in the dressing for a bit....makes it so delicious! Thanks for sharing! Made for "For Your Consideration" tag game on Yuku.com
We loved this salad! I have an abundance of green beans growing in my garden and am always on the lookout for different ways to make them so they are not boring. This was lovely.
Different and delicious salad. There is something 'new' happening in your mouth with every bite, which makes it a lot of fun to eat. Loved the Asian flavour profile. Will make again.