Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Probably not authentic but I thought it was delicious.
Top Review by ElleFirebrand
This was a bit of a mixed bag for us. I liked the flavors, while my boyfriend thought there was way too much citrus flavor from the lemon juice. I also thought it did not benefit from the texture of the ground pork, which was difficult to eat on a salad.
- 4 large granny smith apples
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel apples, core and cut into thin wedges.
- Put apple wedges and lemon juice in a bowl; toss to coat and set aside.
- In a big skillet, saute garlic and onion in hot oil; until tender; removed garlic-onion mixture to another dish using a slotted spoon.
- Add pork to the skillet; cook and stir to crumble for 4-5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink; drain and return to skillet.
- Add in peanut butter and the next 4 ingredients; stir to combine and until well heated.
- Drain apple mixture; add apples and garlic-onion mixture to the pork mixture; stir to combine.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce.