Recipe by SEvans
I was afraid the first time I made this - but it came out super tender and loaded with flavour. Its a keeper!
- 1 lb pork (belly cut works best)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 -3 whole dried hot peppers, crumbled
- 3 cups water
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups bok choy (4 stalks)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 whole dried hot pepper, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Glazed Pork.
- cut pork into small 1 inch cubes.
- heat 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok.
- add garlic and fry for about 30 seconds.
- ad pork and fry until all surfaces are white / lightly browned.
- add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, crumbled peppers and brown sugar.
- mix to combine for a few seconds.
- add water, cover and lower heat to let the pork simmer for approximately an hour stirring occasionally.
- when the water has evaporated - mind the pot - it will cook & burn fast.
- remove from heat when you are left with a nice sticky thick glaze.
- Stirr Fry.
- Thinly slice carrots and chunk boc choy.
- heat 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok or deep pan - add carrots and garlic.
- stirrfry for a few minutes (2 - 3).
- Add boc choy, salt, pepper, crumbled dried pepper, oyster sauce and water.
- bring to a simmer.
- add bean sprouts and stirr fry for approximately 10 minutes.
- remove from heat and serve.