1/1 Photo of Thai Glazed Pork and Stir-Fry (Low Carb)
1 hr 10 mins
I was afraid the first time I made this - but it came out super tender and loaded with flavour. Its a keeper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork (belly cut works best)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 -3 whole dried hot peppers, crumbled
- 3 cups water
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups bok choy (4 stalks)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 whole dried hot pepper, crumbled
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Glazed Pork.
- 2cut pork into small 1 inch cubes.
- 3heat 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok.
- 4add garlic and fry for about 30 seconds.
- 5ad pork and fry until all surfaces are white / lightly browned.
- 6add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, crumbled peppers and brown sugar.
- 7mix to combine for a few seconds.
- 8add water, cover and lower heat to let the pork simmer for approximately an hour stirring occasionally.
- 9when the water has evaporated - mind the pot - it will cook & burn fast.
- 10remove from heat when you are left with a nice sticky thick glaze.
- 11Stirr Fry.
- 12Thinly slice carrots and chunk boc choy.
- 13heat 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok or deep pan - add carrots and garlic.
- 14stirrfry for a few minutes (2 - 3).
- 15Add boc choy, salt, pepper, crumbled dried pepper, oyster sauce and water.
- 16bring to a simmer.
- 17add bean sprouts and stirr fry for approximately 10 minutes.
- 18remove from heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Glazed Pork and Stir-Fry (Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.3
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 194.9 mg
- Sodium 2254.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 74.2 g