Recipe by camillelaure
This is a traditional northern Thai dish which isn't usually found in restaurants. Wonderful side dish to serve with fish or vegetables, or white meats.
Top Review by Georgiapea
This was great! I made Chicken in Peanut Curry (recipe number 40107) and wanted some Thai rice to go with it! This was delicious. I actually used brown rice that I had soaked for a few hours. The flavor was subtle, but really nice.
- 120 g thai jasmine rice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh ginger
- sunflower oil
- chicken stock or vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate fresh ginger and garlic and place in a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- Let the mixture grill for a minute and add the raw rice.
- Add the chicken stock mixed with water and let the rice cook.
- Make sure to add water if the rice is not cooked enough.