Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Mimicked appetizer served at the Lemongrass Thai Restaurant, Marietta, GA. Make this a meal by adding steamed white rice, sugar snap peas, and sliced carrots,
Top Review by teresas
We loved this...the flavors were very Asian...not sure when I was to add the red pepper flakes so just added them in with the ginger...I omitted the peanuts and used butter lettuce for our cups...I made this for our lunch so 4 servings turned into 2...the prep and cooking time was a bit off...total time was about 30 minutes for me...this is a keeper...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion (slivered)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage (separated into leaves, or lettuce leaves, to serve)
- 1⁄8 cup sliced green onion top (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium nonstick skillet, sprinkle garlic salt and red pepper flakes over ground pork and saute until slightly pink.
- Add slivered onion, ginger, and lemongrass; saute until onion is translucent.
- Add fish sauce, chili sauce, sesame oil, and honey; saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add dry sherry and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add roasted peanuts.
- Serve in cabbage leaves (or lettuce leaves) as an appetizer, garnished with green onion tops and cilantro leaves. Four appetizer servings.
- Serve as a meal for by adding steamed rice, sugar snap peas, and sliced carrots. Garnish with green onion tops, and cilantro leaves.