Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Despite the number of ingredients, this comes together quickly. Another of our family's favorites from "Simply Thai Cooking" by Wandee Young. Serves 2 as a entree, or 4 as an appetizer.
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 16 large shrimp, shelled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lettuce leaf
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tomatoes, cut in slices
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut in slices
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients for sauce in a bowl and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl. Toss and mix so that all the shrimp are thoroughly coated in the marinating ingredients. Let sit of 3-5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan on high heat. Add shrimps and marinade and stir-fry on high heat. Shrimp should be cooked through and slightly browned - about 3 minutes.
- To serve:.
- Line a serving plate with lettuce leaves and trnsfer the shrimp onto the lettuce. Top with red pepper strips and cilantro. Garnish with tomato and cucumber slices. Offer Lemon Sauce in a small bowl alongside.
delicious! I lvoe cilantro and thanks to my many PAC recipes, just happened to have some in the fridge and it was beautiful with these shrimp! I used tiger prawns that I de-shelled and my peanuts were salted, so I used a touch less soy sauce. Made for PAC Spring'11!
I didn't add the peanuts in as my DS doesn't like them, but it was still a fabulous meal! I made mine following the recipe otherwise and I am guessing the scallops would be just as good as the shrimp!
After seeing Ice Cool Kitty's picture and reading her review I had to go out and get some scallops and make this. Wonderful! Like Ice Cool Kitty I marinated the scallops for 2-2 1/2 hours. I did use a little of the marinade after browning them for a little more flavor and sauce. Served with tomato and cucumber and rice. Great for a hot summer dinner...will make again.