Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe from "A Taste of Thai." A delicious combination of flavors that will complement many dishes.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- In saucepan over medium low heat, add vegetable oil, garlic and ginger. Sauté 3 minutes, being careful not to burn garlic.
- Add Jasmine Rice and stir until well coated.
- Add Coconut Milk, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Give one quick stir. Cover and reduce heat to lowest setting. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let sit covered an additional 5 minutes before serving.
This was an easy recipe that produced great results! The rice came out perfectly -- no clumping, and no mush. (Be sure and use the amount of water suggested.) I made enough for six persons... and every grain was eaten up. Next time I'll make a bit more!
I made this last night and it was a big hit in my house. My family LOVED it. <br/>It's a nice subtle, rich, flavor to it. <br/>Am making this again tonight.
The flavors in this rice are subtle, but you can still taste them. Went well with steamed salmon with a ginger-soy sauce. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.