Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice variation on traditional salsa. The basil and lime makes it unique. Cooking time does not include cooling time. Lots of chopping, but no cooking. Goes with so many different dishes or as an appetizer. From Sheila Lukin's All Around the World Cookbook.
- 1 ripe mango, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 avocado, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced jalapenos or 1 -2 teaspoon other chili pepper
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Combine everything except the basil. Cool for up to 2 hours. Add in basil when ready to serve.