Recipe by Mercy
This dish is also called Yam Polamal. If using apples or pears, toss them with lemon juice to keep them from oxidizing.
- 2 cups mixed fruit, cut into bite-sized pieces (apples, pears, tangerine or orange sections, grapefruit, halved and seeded grapes, strawberries, fir)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped raw peanuts
- 1 fresh red Thai chile, seeded and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a small skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over low heat and gently saute the shallot and garlic until lightly browned.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Combine the lime juice, salt and sugar in a medium bowl and.
- stir to dissolve.
- Add the fruits, shrimp and half the garlic and shallot; toss to coat evenly with dressing.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust, if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining garlic and shallot, peanuts and chile.