Top Review by dianegrapegrower
The recipe instructions reference garlic, but there is none in the ingredient list. And there is no ingredient with salt - normally Thai food would have fish sauce or soy sauce. So we found this a bit bland. The small amount of hot pepper sauce was not enough to perk it up.
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 leek, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut into julienne strips
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 lime, juice of, and pulp of
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 tablespoons mint (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a strainer in the sink and place carrot, leek, and pea strips in it.
- Pour boiling water over vegetables for about 12 seconds.
- Set vegetables aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add vegetables, garlic, and rice and saute until heated through and fragrant, 4 minutes.
- (Do not crowd the pan; cook in two batches, if necessary).
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and pulp, honey, hot pepper sauce, peanut butter, and basil or mint, if used.
- Add to rice mixture and toss well to combine.
- Serve hot.