1/1 Photo of Thai Fried Rice with Vegetable Ribbons
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 leek, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup snow peas, cut into julienne strips
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 lime, juice of, and pulp of
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 tablespoons mint (optional)
- 1Set a strainer in the sink and place carrot, leek, and pea strips in it.
- 2Pour boiling water over vegetables for about 12 seconds.
- 3Set vegetables aside.
- 4In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 5Add vegetables, garlic, and rice and saute until heated through and fragrant, 4 minutes.
- 6(Do not crowd the pan; cook in two batches, if necessary).
- 7In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and pulp, honey, hot pepper sauce, peanut butter, and basil or mint, if used.
- 8Add to rice mixture and toss well to combine.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Fried Rice with Vegetable Ribbons
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g