In 'Spring Gatherings' by Rick Rodgers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small hot fresh chili pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced (Thai or serrano)
- 3 cups cold cooked long-grain rice, preferably jasmine
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or Thai basil or mint)
- 1Heat a wok or large skillet over med-high heat.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and tilt to coat the inside of the wok.
- 3Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn opaque, about 1 1/2 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- 4Add 1 teaspoon oil to the wok and heat.
- 5Beat the eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- 6Pour into the wok and cook, stirring almost constantly with a wooden spatula, until the eggs are scrambled into very soft curds, about 30 seconds; transfer to the plate.
- 7Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the wok and tilt to coat the inside.
- 8Add sugar snap peas and stir-fry just until they turn bright green, about 30 seconds.
- 9Add the shallots, garlic, chili pepper and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 10Add the rice and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 2 minutes; add shrimp and eggs back to wok; toss to combine.
- 11Mix the fish sauce and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
- 12Pour over the rice mixture and stir well.
- 13Spoon into bowls and sprinkle each serving with the cilantro; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Fried Rice With Shrimp and Sugar Snap Peas
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.2 mg
- Sodium 1892.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 24.3 g