Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In 'Spring Gatherings' by Rick Rodgers
Make and share this Thai Fried Rice With Shrimp and Sugar Snap Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small hot fresh chili pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced (Thai or serrano)
- 3 cups cold cooked long-grain rice, preferably jasmine
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or Thai basil or mint)
- Heat a wok or large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and tilt to coat the inside of the wok.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn opaque, about 1 1/2 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to the wok and heat.
- Beat the eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Pour into the wok and cook, stirring almost constantly with a wooden spatula, until the eggs are scrambled into very soft curds, about 30 seconds; transfer to the plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the wok and tilt to coat the inside.
- Add sugar snap peas and stir-fry just until they turn bright green, about 30 seconds.
- Add the shallots, garlic, chili pepper and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 2 minutes; add shrimp and eggs back to wok; toss to combine.
- Mix the fish sauce and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
- Pour over the rice mixture and stir well.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle each serving with the cilantro; serve hot.