1/3 Photos of Thai Fried Rice - Kao Pad
Sue Lau's Note:
A spicy cousin to the Chinese classic. You can throw in some peanuts for added crunch if you wish. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can lump crabmeat, flaked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 Thai red chili peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Heat 2 tbsp.oil in wok and stir-fry the eggs, scrambling them.
- 2Remove from wok and set aside.
- 3In same wok, heat remaining oil and fry onion and garlic until tender; add pork, salt, pepper, fish sauce, chilies, and ketchup.
- 4Stir-fry for 2-4 minutes, or until pork looks done.
- 5Add shrimp and crab and continue stir-frying for another 3 minutes; add egg and rice.
- 6Cook, stirring well, for another 2 minutes; fold in green onion and cilantro just before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Fried Rice - Kao Pad
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 199.0 mg
- Sodium 951.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 35.8 g