Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cleaning out my cookbooks and posting recipes I'd still like to try. From a book called "Thai - the Essence of Asian Cooking."
- 1 pineapple
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- lime slice (to garnish)
- thick yogurt (optional)
- With a sharp knife, remove the top of the pineapple and peel the skin. Be sure to remove the eyes. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and remove the core. Cut the flesh lengthwise into 1/2" thick wedges.
- Heat the butter in a heavy pan and add the pineapple wedges. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until a pale golden color.
- In a separate pan, dry-fry the coconut until light brown. Remove heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar into the pan with the pineapple. Add the lime juice and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Divide the pineapple into 4 serving dishes, sprinkle with coconut, garnish with lime and serve with thick yogurt if desired.