Recipe by Noo
This is a really simple and tasty recipe stolen from my mum.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a lovely recipe Noo. All the ingredients blended together perfectly to create a tasty dish. I couldn't find salsify so omitted it from the recipe. Made the recipe exactly as written and marinaded the chicken for 4 hours. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 44.37 ml garlic, roughly chopped
- 9.85 ml coriander, roots
- 1.23 ml salsify
- 3 red fresh chili peppers, chopped
- 14.79 ml caster sugar
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 44.37 ml fish sauce
- 2 kg chicken thigh fillets
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 59.14 ml coconut milk, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the garlic,coriander root and salt in mortar and pestle.
- Add the chilie peppers, sugar, turmeric and curry powder and pound to a fine paste.
- Add the fish sauce to the paste and marinate the chicken for 2 hours.
- Heat a little veg oil in a wok/large saucepan,add the chicken and fry until a good crust forms.
- Reduce the heat and continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with coconut milk spooned over the top--optional.