1/1 Photo of Thai Fried Chicken
This is a really simple and tasty recipe stolen from my mum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander, roots
- 1/4 teaspoon salsify
- 3 red fresh chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 kg chicken thigh fillets
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, to serve (optional)
- 1Pound the garlic,coriander root and salt in mortar and pestle.
- 2Add the chilie peppers, sugar, turmeric and curry powder and pound to a fine paste.
- 3Add the fish sauce to the paste and marinate the chicken for 2 hours.
- 4Heat a little veg oil in a wok/large saucepan,add the chicken and fry until a good crust forms.
- 5Reduce the heat and continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through.
- 6Serve with coconut milk spooned over the top--optional.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 979.5
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 622.5 mg
- Sodium 2774.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 151.0 g