Recipe by Noo
This is a really simple and tasty recipe stolen from my mum.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a lovely recipe Noo. All the ingredients blended together perfectly to create a tasty dish. I couldn't find salsify so omitted it from the recipe. Made the recipe exactly as written and marinaded the chicken for 4 hours. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 3 tablespoons garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander, roots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salsify
- 3 red fresh chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken thigh fillets
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the garlic,coriander root and salt in mortar and pestle.
- Add the chilie peppers, sugar, turmeric and curry powder and pound to a fine paste.
- Add the fish sauce to the paste and marinate the chicken for 2 hours.
- Heat a little veg oil in a wok/large saucepan,add the chicken and fry until a good crust forms.
- Reduce the heat and continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with coconut milk spooned over the top--optional.