Recipe by Steve P.
Thai style fried bananas in a crunchy sesame seed batter.
Top Review by Peter Pan
An oriental version of banana flambe? I liked the crunchy batter cover the sweet and soft banana. The sesame seeds also added an interesting touch. I also refuse to believe the sky high calorie, I think 4 cups of oil in the ingredients were inadvertently included in the calculation of the calorie count. It was so easy, so fast and super delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1 lb banana, about 6 (Traditionally small Asian bananas are used)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 4 cups oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice each banana lengthwise into four slices.
- Combine all the batter ingredients and stir just to mix together.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 375ºF.
- Dip each piece of banana into the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain.
- Serve with Coconut ice cream.