Recipe by charlie #5
I think these would be yummy served with some mango pulp mixed with a bit of heavy cream to dip them in. Mmmm... Or, serve with honey and a sprig of mint. From "Thai - the Essence of Asian Cooking".
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 4 firm bananas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and egg until you have a thin batter. Whisk the shredded coconut into the batter.
- Peel the bananas and half lengthwise, then in half crosswise to make 16 pieces. (Don't do this until ready to cook to reduce browning).
- Heat the oil in a wok to 375 degrees or until a cube of bread dropped in brown in about 45 seconds. Dip the banana pieces in the batter then gently drop a few into the oil. Deep fry until golden brown, remove, drain on paper towel. Cook remaining bananas the same way.
- Serve with honey or mango pulp.