Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really simple and quick. Very good.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large slightly underripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 lime slices, garnish
- thick and creamy plain yogurt, to serve
- Heat butter in a large frying pan or wok ( i like to use the cast iron pan) and fry the bananas for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until they are lightly golden in color.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the coconut in a small frying pan until lightly browned, and reserved.
- Sprinkle the sugar into the pan with the bananas, add the lime juice and cook, stirring until dissolved. Arrange the bananas on a serving dish. Sprinkle the coconut over the bananas, decorate with lime slices and serve with the yogurt.