Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These bananas make lovely sweet snacks. I don't think it originated in Thailand because it is found all throughout Asian. This is my mother's version of the recipe.
- 4 large bananas (unripe with a little yellow)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- oil (for frying)
- Preheat the oil for deep frying.
- Mix the flour, coconut mild, salt, sugar, and sesame seeds into a smooth batter.
- Peel the bananas, cut them in half, then lengthwise into three strips (6 pieces per a banana).
- When oil is ready, dip bananas in batter, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until all bananas are done.
- Remove from oil when they start to brown. Place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.