Wendys Kitchen's Note:
I do not particularly like mussels but my daughter is mad about them and particularly likes asian based recipes such as this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg fresh mussels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red chile, chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, outer leaves removed and tender core chopped
- 5 cm ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 60 ml mirin
- 125 ml water
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1Wash mussels under cold water and remove beards. Discard any mussels that are already open.
- 2Heat oil in large saucepan.
- 3Add garlic, onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Add chilli, lemongrass and ginger and cook further 3 minutes.
- 5Add sauces and water and bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat until liquid is simmering.
- 7Add mussels, cover saucepan with lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove lid and toss through coriander leaves.
- 9Throw away any mussels that have not opened.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Flavoured Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 1876.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 45.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: