Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From UK Family Circle magazine. Something different for fish.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 bok choy, finely sliced
- 4 plaice fillets, skinned and each fillet cut into 2 pieces lengthways
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 mild chili pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius Heat oil in a small frying pan and stir fry leek and bok choy until just starting to wilt. Cut 4 large squares of kitchen foi. Divide veg between them, and lay 2 pieces of fish on top of each square.
- In small bowl, mix together fish sauce, lime juice, chilli, soy sauce, and sugar. Pour over fish. Seal foil together and place on baking tray. Place tray in oven and cook 10 minutes.
- Let packets sit for a couple of minutes before opening to prevent steam burns. Open and scatter fish with coriander (cilantro).
- Serve with noodles.
This dish has a lot of potential. I thought it needed more sauce, it was a little bland. I wouldn't change the ingredients, I would just add more. Also, it mentions fish sauce on the directions, but it is not in the list of ingredients. Thank you Ppaperdol.