Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Why use fish to make thai fish cakes when beans work just as well?
- 425 g cannellini beans
- 1 large spring onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 dried kaffir lime leaf, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon gram flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the dipping sauce
- 1 red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple liqueur
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Remove skin from pepper using a peeler, halve, seed and chop.
- Put in a pan with other sauce ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes Season and puree if desired put to one side
- Drain beans and rinse well. Pat dry and process with all other ingredients to a chunky puree.
- Divide mix in four and form burger shapes. Roll in flour and fry in the oil until golden.
- Serve with lime wedges and the pepper sauce.