Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Another different flavoured fish cake recipe. Serve as an appetiser. I am not mad about fish sauce and tend to substitute light soy sauce. The time includes refrigeration time of 2 - 12 hours.
- 500 g raw redfish fillets
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 20 ml fish sauce
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 125 g green beans
- oil, for frying
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 50 g roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- coriander leaves
- fish sauce (to sprinkle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any bones from the fish and cut into small pieces.
- Place the capsicum, chillis, garlic, lemon rind and fish sauce in a food processor and blend to a paste.
- Add the fish pieces and blend well. Add coconut milk and egg.
- Place mixture in a bowl.
- Cut beans into small pieces and stir into the fish paste.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight or for at least two hours.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Use a spoon to shape the fishcakes as the mixture is a bit sticky, and shallow-fry until crisp and brown, turning once.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Cucumber Salad:.
- Peel cucumber, slice in half lengthways and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Slice thinly.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar and toss cucumber well in the mixture.
- Sprinkle over finely chopped chillis, crushed peanuts, shallots and coriander leaves.
- Marinate for one hour.
- Sprinkle with fish sauce before serving.