1/2 Photos of Thai Fish Fillets and Shrimp in Coconut Milk
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
I've been making this for DH for years, I don't always follow the recipe exactly, more in theory. So you can play with it a bit. The original recipe doesn't have shrimps, but I like them, and I don't eat fish, so it works quite well. I'm guessing at the amount of shrimp/prawns, use what looks good to you. If I don't have coriander roots, I use fresh chopped leaves. From Step-By-Step Thai Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 long green chilies
- 2 small red chilies
- 400 g firm white fish fillets
- 300 g peeled prawns or 300 g shrimp
- 2 stems lemongrass
- 2 coriander, roots
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cm fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 spring onions, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1Heat a wok, or large pan, until hot, add whole chillies and roast until just beginning to brown all over. Remove the chillies from the wok, cool and slice.
- 2Cut the fish into 5 cm pieces.
- 3Bruise the lemongrass and coriander roots by crushing them with the flat side of a knife.
- 4Add lemongrass, coriander roots, kaffir lime leaves, ginger, garlic, onions, sugar and coconut milk to wok.
- 5Stir to combine, bring to the boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for two minutes.
- 7Add the fish pieces and prawns/shrimp, and simmer gently for 2 - 3 minutes, or until the fish is tender.
- 8Stir in the coconut cream.
- 9Stir through the chopped chillies, fish sauce, salt and lime juice, to taste.
- 10Serve on steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Fish Fillets and Shrimp in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 161.5 mg
- Sodium 895.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 61.1 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves