Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Thai Fish Curry
Make and share this Thai Fish Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro stems, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, minced (from bottom 6 inches of stalk)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb sea bass fillet, cut into 3 inch pieces (1 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup bottled clam juice
- fresh cilantro, minced
- rice, freshly cooked
- Blend onion, cilantro, lemongrass, turmeric, ginger, cumin, garlic, and dried red peppers in a food processor to dry paste, stopping frequently to scrape down sides of work bowl. (Paste can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 rounded tablespoons spice paste; stir 1 minute.
- Add fish and cook 2 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs.
- Add coconut milk and clam juice; simmer until fish is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plate.
- Boil liquid until reduced to thick sauce, about 8 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Return fish to sauce and heat through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve over rice.
- The mild spice paste is also great used as a base for chicken and shrimp curries.