Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the easy version of fish cakes, you can use any mild-flavoured skinless fish fillet.
Make and share this Thai Fish Cakes With Noodle Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup coriander, loosely packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 4 red Thai chile, quartered
- 600 g firm white fish fillets, chopped coarsely
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 250 g rice vermicelli
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeded, chopped finely
- 100 g snow peas, sliced thinly
- Blend or process half of the coriander, half of the mint, half of the chilli, fish, garlic and egg white until mixture forms a paste, using one hand, shape into 12 patties.
- Cook patties, in batches, in heated large non-stick frying pan until browned both sides and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in large heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Stand until just tender; drain. Keep warm.
- Combine sugar, juice and sambal in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, chop remaining coriander, mint and chilli finely. Place in a large bowl with noodles, sugar mixture, cucumber and snowpeas; toss to combine.
- Serve fish cakes on noodle salad.