1/4 Photos of Thai Fish Cakes With Hot Peanut Dip
CHILI SPICE's Note:
These little fish cakes are very popular in Thailand as street food, and make a perfect snack. Or, serve them as an appetizer, complete with the spicy peanut dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
THAI FISH CAKES
- 12 ounces white fish fillets, without skin (such as cod or haddock)
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 dried kaffir lime leaves, crumbled (find in Asian supermarkets)
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- 1Put the fish fillet in a food processor with the fish sauce, curry paste, lime juice, garlic, kaffir lime leaves, salt & pepper, and egg white and process until a smooth paste forms.
- 2Stir in the cilantro and quickly process again until mixed. Divide the mixture into 8-10 pieces and roll into balls, then flatten to make round patties and set aside.
- 3For the dip, halve and seed the chili, then chop finely. Place in a small pan with the remaining ingredients and heat gently, stirring constantly, until well blended. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- 4Pan-fry the fish cakes in batches for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot on a bed of green salad leaves with the chili-flavored peanut dip.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Fish Cakes With Hot Peanut Dip
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 742.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
dried kaffir lime leaves