Thai Fish Cakes With Cucumber Relish
- 1. Blend Fish, coriander leaves, lime juice, spring onions, curry paste, chilli and a little salt until you have a fine mince, dont make a paste.
- 2. Take the mixture and roll out little balls about 4cm in diameter. Cling film and put in the fridge to firm up.
- 3. Blend cucumber, shallots or salad onions, carrot, chilli, ginger and peanuts until very finely chopped. Transfer the chopped vegetables to a bowl. Next mix the sugar with the vinegar to dissolve it, then pour it over the vegetables along with the soy sauce and groundnut oil. Mix thoroughly.
- 4. To cook the fish cakes, heat 2 tablespoons of groundnut oil in a frying pan and, when it's very hot and beginning to shimmer, fry the cakes for about 1 minute on each side, then drain on crumpled kitchen paper.
- 5. Garnish with sprigs of coriander and serve with the cucumber dipping sauce.