Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found in the NZ Taste magazine, December 2012. Looks good and sounds great. Ready in 20 minutes, so will make an excellent mid-week meal. Serve with Chili Dipping Sauce
- 500 g fish, white fish cubed
- 4 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup coriander, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mint, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, veins removed and finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white only and finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut, that has been re-hydrated in boiling water
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Place all ingredients (except oil) in a food processor and pulse to combine - but do not process into a fine paste.
- Wet hands and form the fish mixture into 20 flat round cakes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook in batches until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with chili dipping sauce.