Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great find from Kraft. These make great appetiser's and taste fantastic! I served these at a party and received great comments! You can make the balls bigger if you like, but you will get less servings of course. Next time I might try these by just baking in the oven and not frying.
- 600 g white fish fillets, roughly chopped
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml smooth light peanut butter
- 29.58 ml finely chopped coriander
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml coriander, roughly chopped
- 29.58 ml sweet chili sauce
- 14.79 ml grated lime rind
- 4.92 ml lime juice
- plain flour, for rolling
- oil, for shallow frying
- lime wedge, to serve
- To make Chilli and Lime Mayonnaise: ~ Combine the mayonnaise, coriander, chilli sauce, rind and juice until smooth and chill for serving later.
- Put the fish, chillies, garlic, peanut spread, coriander and fish sauce in a food processor and process until smooth. Place into a bowl and stir in the chopped red onion then cover and chill for about 5 minutes.
- When chilled well shape the fish mixture, (this is easier using wet hands), into 30 × 2cm balls and roll lightly in flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the balls, in 2 batches, for 5-7 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with the Chilli and Lime Mayonnaise.
We really enjoyed these very yummy Thai Fish Balls. Delicious! Super easy to make with great Thai flavours. The chilli and lime mayo was a grip dip and easy to prepare. The lime and chilli flavours really went well with the fish balls. The mayo really didn't have a mayo taste coming through. We served these as a main with some wok stir-fried veges. Photos also to be posted.
These were wonderful thanks Tisme. I made 12 large patties which we had for dinner rather than finger food. I loved the simplicity and the texture and taste were outstanding. Nothing to change here.
What a wonderful finger food recipe!! It is so simple to put together and the flavour at the end is wonderful. The mayonnaise is gorgeous and pairs so well with these little gems. I had several compliments on these especially how tasty the mayo was.. I served these along with Spicy Chicken Balls and Thai Sausage Rolls both by Tisme and both gorgeous as well. We sure had a treat at this party and all my guests agreed. Thanks for some winning recipes.