Another great find from Kraft. These make great appetiser's and taste fantastic! I served these at a party and received great comments! You can make the balls bigger if you like, but you will get less servings of course. Next time I might try these by just baking in the oven and not frying.
- 600 g white fish fillets, roughly chopped
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons smooth light peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- plain flour, for rolling
- oil, for shallow frying
- lime wedge, to serve
- To make Chilli and Lime Mayonnaise: ~ Combine the mayonnaise, coriander, chilli sauce, rind and juice until smooth and chill for serving later.
- Put the fish, chillies, garlic, peanut spread, coriander and fish sauce in a food processor and process until smooth. Place into a bowl and stir in the chopped red onion then cover and chill for about 5 minutes.
- When chilled well shape the fish mixture, (this is easier using wet hands), into 30 × 2cm balls and roll lightly in flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the balls, in 2 batches, for 5-7 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with the Chilli and Lime Mayonnaise.